Tuesday 21 May 2013

Guest Post- Emily Clarkson!


Charley Webbs Make Up for the British Soap Awards- Step-by-step!

After yesterdays post about the Soap awards, we have had some lovely emails asking how exactly to recreate the look so here is the 'how to' for you to follow by Emily Clarkson who created the look.!





This season dark eyes have been everywhere and teamed with a dewy base and nude lip, it is the perfect red carpet look but with a young and funky edge.

Charley wanted to go for glowing skin with dark eyes, so firstly I started by prepping the skin well using Embryolisse moisturiser. This is a fantastic moisturiser, a favourite by models and make up artists worldwide and is available from French pharmacies although you can buy it online, however it is a bit pricey! Using my fingertips I worked the moisturiser in well to ensure hydrated skin before starting any application.




This make up had to stay put all night so I used Shu Uemura priming mousse in Beige, my go-to primer. I used a very small amount of MAC Strobe cream in my hands and carefully placed on the tops of the cheekbones, the bridge of the nose and cupids bow. This adds such a beautiful glow under your foundation. 




I chose to mix together Illamasqua Rich Liquid foundation with Face and Body- these foundations have completely different consistencies and coverage but work so well together. If you apply with a brush you can really direct where you want the coverage to go. I started by applying with a flat brush then used a clean, round stipple brush to really buff the product into the skin. This allows it to really work with the skin.






After applying a flawless base, I then started on her dark smokey eyes. I used Avon Supershock Gel Eyeliner over the whole lower lid up to the socket to create the depth of black that Charley wanted then used MAC Carbon to add the smokiness. Lashes were enhanced by adding some Ardel Wispy lashes to finish off the eyes 







After giving the skin some time to settle with the base on, I then went back onto the skin with face and body foundation mixed with Clarins instant light complexion perfector to put some additional shine back into the skin. It always creates a younger fresher complexion when their is a radiant glow.





To contour I used soleil tan de Chanel with a MAC 130 brush to apply, using minimal product. On the tops of the cheekbones to give that glow I used pearl cream colour base and around the apples of the cheeks I used cream colour base in hush to give a subtle blush.







The look was finished with a dab of Mac lipmix in nude colours mixed together and just patted into the lips using a brush and a slick of gloss to avoid the lips drying out. 



1 comment: