Thursday 24 January 2013

Bird egg influences at Illamasqua

Today I went to see the new products from Illamasqua and listen to a talk from Alex Box and David Horne. These guys are just genius, it was such an inspirational morning, I loved it so wanted to share it with you!

The new range is about I'm perfection versus imperfection..... Take away the apostrophe and you have the same word so can they have the same meaning......

The concept behind it is to take individuals with their imperfections and show the real beauty that this portrays within each character. The influence began with them looking at nature and roses which let to dandilions and feathers and bird eggs and the result, I thought, was great!

I love the Matte speckled nail varnish which is a one up from nail art, with a new concept of removing the glitz. This comes in 5 shades of pretty pastels with the original mushroom shade included.

I also love the feather effect liner that is so simple yet so effective and was created from the precision ink pens in black as white.

"Within the word imperfection you'll find I'm perfection; sometimes the soul of the word is staring you in the face. It is our so called flaws that make us unique. The beauty is in our differences, our imperfection is our beauty"
Alex Box










No comments:

Post a Comment