Tuesday 19 February 2013

Creamy eyes

It's all about cream eyeshadow for me at the moment. I love the texture and the natural finish you get from a light layer but then you can put powder shadow over them and you get super staying power.

My tip is to use a long wear one, apply with your brush or from the crayon and blend using a small stroking motion over the edges. Your fingers are your best tools when it comes to blending!

My pick of the best are .....
The Clinique chubby sticks, the colours are really nice and I love the pearly texture, a great product for wedding make ups.

I love the Chanel ones too which are also pearly but come in really gorgeous rich, metallic tones which look so expensive on. They are my glamorous pick for red carpet events.

I have also been using the new ones from Estée Lauder which come in fab bright colours, perfect for trend looks or standing out from the crowd.

These shadows work well with a glowy skin or matte and teamed with lots of mascara.
I recently used them on Demi Lovato and I think teaming a natural look with the cream based eye texture with a pop of colour on the lips is a really current and versatile look, perfect for day or night!

Team with a gorgeous red lippy as I did below. I opted for the Bourjois Colorissimo palette for this look.









No comments:

Post a Comment